Things you may want to consider before reading my journal:
I am a feminst. No doubt about it. Wanna see my membership card? How 'bout my badge?
I strongly support a woman's right to choose.
I oppose the "Defense" of Marriage Act.
I find abstinence-only sex "education" absurd.
I am not fond of George W. Bush. (at all)
I believe in no god.
I do not stand for the pledge of allegiance, nor do I bow my head for prayers. I find the presence of either ritual in a school a ridiculous waste of time.
I do not drink, smoke, or do drugs. I may be godless, but I hold myself to a high Moral code.
You may see nothing about the above topics in my journal, but if you cannot handle these beliefs, it would be in your best interest to stay out.
I am entirely capable of being friendly to a person who does not share my beliefs. In fact, my best friend opposes me on nearly every topic I listed above. Our friendship works because she recognizes my right to form my own opinions. I have repeatedly found that most people do not share her insight. It seems quite impossible for many people to control themselves when it comes to their opinions on my beliefs. Stay out of my journal if you are one of these people.
Taking an idea from neurotica0
, I've decided to use this space for a list of things you should know before reading my journal. The topics may never come up, but if they do and I decide to rant about them, don't say I didn't warn you, and don't try to tell me what I can or cannot say in my own journal. If you don't like what I have to say, DON'T READ IT.
Number one is what I consider the most important; the rest are in no certain order.
With regard to all of these: I realize that you may not agree with me, and that's fine. I don't expect you to. However, I do expect that you respect my opinions, and I will do the same for you.
1. I do not believe in any god, and I see organized religion as a crutch.
2. I am a feminist, and I, unlike so many people, am not afraid of that label.
3. I am against abortion for myself, HOWEVER
, I do not believe it is my place to tell other women that they cannot make their own decisions about that matter. In that way, I am pro-choice.
4. I am highly in favor of same-sex marriage and adoption. I don't think the government should be able to tell people who they can or cannot love.
5. I am EXTREMELY anti-Bush.
6. I don't drink, smoke, or do drugs. One of my favorite quotes, from Louis Kronenberger, pretty much sums it up: "There seems to be a terrible misunderstanding on the part of a great many people to the effect that when you cease to believe you may cease to behave."